Saturday 9 April 2011

My first blog


In my line of work I need to have experienced or at least be familiar with emerging technologies. I’ve shared photos with the community. I’ve reunited with my school friends. I’ve twitted, found my space on the web. I’ve made a book of faces and I’ve even met my partner online.

I didn’t think I’d try blogging though. I’ve never been one for maintaining a diary, but there seems to be a lot of it about. I use the internet as a reference tool and more and more information is being shared on blogs these days.

Okay, so I’ll need a peg.
What do I want to share with people? What do I normally share with people in the meat world?  I do like to whinge. I didn’t think I did. But apparently I do. The Whinging Ginger is born.

So what am I likely to learn?
Well I’ve learned how to set up a blog.
How to attract followers: Is it as simple as “If I follow you on your blog...” or “If I comment on your blog...” I don’t know I’ll see.

Okay, will I need rules?
Now I wouldn’t want to mention anyone by name. That’s a good one. I don’t want to commit suicide. So if you’re following in the hope that I’m going to mention you. Hey I might do, but it’s unlikely to be in a bad way.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ginge! There's a blogfest on over at Ellie's place that would be just up your Jeffries tube!
    http://elliegarratt.blogspot.com/2011/07/star-trek-as-we-know-it-blogfest-august.html

    ReplyDelete